TrueCrypt and image backups

2»

Comments

• AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So good it needed to be said 3 times ;).

Upgraded and yes it fixed my audio issue so happy days.
    Now to get Management to sign off on full drive encryption for their laptops since they can't use cost as an excuse anymore.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Ahriakin wrote:
    So good it needed to be said 3 times ;).

D'oh! I missed that. icon_eek.gif
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    I just tried encrypting my whole drive using 5.0a and it still didnt work. This time it takes the password, I see the XP logo and then it just stays at a black screen for a while so I have to turn my laptop off. I thought maybe this was where it was doing the encryption, but wouldn't it give you some indication it was happening instead of looking like it froze at a black screen? Has this happened to anyone?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    TrueCrypt 5.1a was released today. It features a fix for hibernation on encrypted partitions, faster AES implementation (was C, now assembly), ability to mount an encrypted partition without pre-boot authentication, and faster booting from encrypted partition/drive.
  • AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Excellent. Boot up time is a little faster.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?