Options

SDM and lab simulations...

AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
This question is for the ones who got their certification using exclusively simulators.

How did you practice the SDM configurations?? I am trying to get away some simulators and so far i hink i am doing great. I am ready to take the CCENT exam, and i just feel a little weak in SDM because i havent configured anything with it.
Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.

Comments

• Options
    KomkommerKomkommer Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I believe with a little tweaking of dynamips/dynagen it allows SDM. The only thing you need is an IOS and the SDM installation tool.
  • Options
    eleguaelegua Member Posts: 282
    Hi,

I'll go and buy a router for that, you can find on ebay one 1710 router for 20-30 bucks and practice SDM instead using dynamips, i did that and i have right now only one router for my SDM labs and to test all the configurations before implement them to the other routers, if you can't afford it, then go for the dynamips opcion.

Hope this help. icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif
  • Options
    Thx for your responses guys. I didnt know about Dynamips/dynagen utilities. They sure sound like the next best thing after the real routers, arent they?

I am currently downloading them and installing.

Do you know any good tutorials or are they so easy to use I'd be ok just playing a bit with them??

I am currently using Boson Netsim and I think it's been a great help to learn the commands in the CLI.
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm pretty slow, but with a little fooling around, I got Dynamips working pretty quickly. Once you get it up and running, it's cake.
  • Options
    korszokorszo Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mrock4 wrote:
    I'm pretty slow, but with a little fooling around, I got Dynamips working pretty quickly. Once you get it up and running, it's cake.
    Where do you get the IOS Images?

RK
  • Options
    I have the dynamips/dynagen up and running!! It is sure a great thing. I am able to use SDM and the best thing is the exact same OS of the routers, which means that you get the same output you would get in the router all the time. I noticed there are few differences between the real thing and Boson Netsim.

The IOS you are suppose to have a router or a deal with cisco. It is a software. Copyrighted. I've heard people find them online and download them but that is illegal.