Options

New Job / Back in the Game.....

Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
So many years ago I decided to go for IT. I thought, just go get A+, and I'll be all set. Yeah, I still feel the wake-up from that sometimes....I tried, and tried, and tried to get an IT job, but without experience I got nowhere. I didn't want to fill up on certs, and become a paper tech either. So I just took what I could, and wound up doing hardware road service. That sucked. Then I came upon my present position, preparing new machines for the Bose corporation. The job is very cool, and so are the people. The atmosphere is relaxed like I've never seen before. It's almost a dream job, except it doesn't pay the bills anymore. I had my resume redone, and within 2 weeks, I applied, received a call back, and interviewed for a real IT job.

I gave my notice on Monday, and will be moving to become a Desktop Administrator for a software communications company. There will be two people in the IT department; The Boss, and Me. I'll probably get stuck doing a lot of junk work, but I'm all for it, because I see it as real IT. The company is growing at a ridiculous rate too. Three years ago, they had 2 servers. I think he said they have just under 60 now, and will need another 50 by years end. I'll be helping to configure these new servers, as well as see IT grow from within. GPOs don't even exist there yet, so I get to help design the AD environment as well. I couldn't be happier, in fact I'm wicked psyched.

I also recently passed papers on a new condo, so my whole life is turning around in just a few weeks. The challenges will be large I'm sure, but after almost 4 years of no advancement, boring dead end JOBS, I now have a Career in IT, or at least I guess it starts now.

So I just ranted a bit, hope you don't mind. But if you're reading this, and you think you'll never get into IT, just keep working, keep educating, keep trying. Taking a few words from a great man, Jimmy V, Don't give up, don't ever give up!

:celebrating heavily tonight:
i remain, he who remains to be....

Comments