Options

70-400: MCTS: System Center Operations Manager 2007

ZignonZignon Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took 70-400 today and passed. Not sure how many folks are interested in taking the OpsMgr test but here are the areas of focus:

- Know the following client monitoring methods:
Audit Collection Service (ACS): Collect records generated by an audit policy and store them in a centralized database with involving 3 components: ACS forwarders, ACS collector, and ACS DB.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb381373.aspx

Agentless Exception Monitoring (AEM): Determinins how often an operating system or application experiences an error and the number of affected computers and users.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb381234.aspx

Collective Client Monitoring (CCM): Smaller scale of “AEM” pro-actively monitoring the client
Business Critical Client Monitoring (BCCM): Used for business critical clients (or clients that run business critical apps) and help solving problems with deeper monitoring and alerting capabilities.

- Know OpsMgr Backup/Restore methods.
- How to discover and deploy agents to trusted AD, non-trusted AD, and non-AD systems.
- Difference in Agent vs. Console tasks.
- Know how to install and customize MPs.
- Know role-based security in OpsMgr.

The main focus areas on the particular test I took were AEM (Agentless Exception Monitoring) and ACS (Audit Collection Services). There were a few questions regarding Custom Management Packs and the Microsoft Information Worker Management Pack. But, if you focus on the above you should be able to pass. Especially if you have experience with Mom 2005 and OpsMgr 2007.

Best of luck....

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What was your reason for taking the opsmgr test?
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    ZignonZignon Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote:
    What was your reason for taking the opsmgr test?

The reason I took the OpsMgr test is because I am in charge of OpsMgr and ConfigMgr at my current employer. It just makes sense for me to get these tests out of the way for my sake. :)
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice job! icon_thumright.gif
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    From your assessment, I would gather that this exam was heavily focused on the things that were added to SCOM (AEM, ACS, CCM), and not very much on day-to-day management, reporting, tweaking rules and monitors, etc. Is this correct?

Good Job, by the way.

blargoe
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...