laptop repair.

Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
just completed my first semi-successful laptop repair. only one problem... the replacement screen came quite messed up.

i'm still proud of myself for taking this task!

the screen is cracked, but thats not really my fault. came like that :)

woot for fedex aye?

Next up is a new keyboard/mouse (those work, just worn and has a key missing)

after that memory and HDD. :)
Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685

Comments

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You and your fancy actual routers and laptops..psh...I am supposed to be impressed ;)?! I think not!

Just playin..I've messed with my cheapo laptop a bit, just replacing RAM/fan/HD, but other than that, I generally avoid tearin open my laptop, so thumbs up to you man.
  • Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    Mrock4 wrote:
    You and your fancy actual routers and laptops..psh...I am supposed to be impressed ;)?! I think not!

Just playin..I've messed with my cheapo laptop a bit, just replacing RAM/fan/HD, but other than that, I generally avoid tearin open my laptop, so thumbs up to you man.
    meh, its my old laptop. i have a new one now but no use letting the old one go to waste.

lets just hope that the seller on ebay i bought the screen from will let me exchange it for a non-broken one :)

• Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Ah. I'm a desktop only guy at the moment..my $600 laptop died and I'm too cheap to pony up the cash for either a new battery or power unit.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice work. I've done a couple myself (Dell's only) and generally leave laptops to warranty work. After that - live with it or chuck it.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    sprkymrk wrote:
    Nice work. I've done a couple myself (Dell's only) and generally leave laptops to warranty work. After that - live with it or chuck it.
    well i would of done that buy we didn't actually get a warranty for this laptop. so i never had a chance, after the 1 year manufacturer defect warranty was up. looks like the seller is going to be awesome and overnight me a new screen that hopefully won't be brokd.

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,078 Admin
    sprkymrk wrote:
    The only laptops I've been able to successfully put back together and have work are Dells.
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My last full time job involved laptop repair, which I had never done before. I was pretty much forced to take laptops apart each day...it got my nerves on end opening those things and laying dozens of screws and plastic parts out.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
    its not so bad as long as you keep track of where everything goes.