Options

Passing MCTS and MCPD exams does an MCP make

I hasn't been clear to me from the informaiton on Microsoft's MCP Certification Requirements Web site if passing any of the MCTS or MCPD exams would bestow the MCP certification. I emailed Microsoft about this issue and received this very, uh, roundly-worded sentence in reply:
If you pass any one exam towards your MCPD certification you will recieve your MCP status but if you have to pass all the exam listed for the MCTS path to achieve your MCTS certification because the MCTS are the new generation certification but if you pass any one exam for the MCTS you will be provided with a MCP ID No and you will be able to access your MCP member site.
It would appear that passing any MCTS or MCPD exam will make you an MCP. I would also like to point out that even if you fail your first Microsoft cert exam, you will still be assigned an MCP ID--even for beta exams.

I also asked that Microsoft update its MCP Requirements Web page with respect to the MCTS and MCPD exams and the MCP. We'll see how responsive they are. ;)