Options

Virtual printing

amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
Hi,

We have a program in work that needs to physically run off a rather large print to complete. Its for archiving. The system is rather quiant ( read crap! ) Until now we have just used a dot matrix and joined the paper at both ends so it keeps spooling the print until its finished ( very high tech :D )

Now I tried an adobe convertor driver to try to get it to print out to an adobe file but its having none of it. I tried creating a printer and marking it as off line...nope!

Any ideas on how to beat this one without continuing to waste paper and supplies?

Cheers

( a virtual beer for the winner :D )
Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Now I tried an adobe convertor driver to try to get it to print out to an adobe file but its having none of it. I tried creating a printer and marking it as off line...nope!

I'm guessing by the context of your comment you are not using Adobe Acrobat?? AND, oh, I gotta ask....with a dot matrix printer (WOOT!!!), is this running in some current Windows program? Or a DOS based program? I'm not sure if a DOS program file can be sent to Acrobat?

wow, dot matrix....good times :D
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?