Options

Route map problem

waruwaru Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I am trying to route traffic from my pc to a remote office over a 10mb link whilst keeping all other traffic over a 2mb link as we having problems with the 10mb link and I need to test it. I have applied the route map below but traffic from my pc to the host in the remote office does not go over the 10mb link, it is still routed over the 2mb link. Here is the config:

interface Vlan122
ip address 10.96.70.35 255.255.255.248
ip policy route-map 10mb

ip access-list extended Over10mb
permit ip host 10.96.160.140 10.96.221.20 0.0.0.0

route-map 10mb permit 10
match ip address Over10mb
set ip next-hop 10.96.70.250

I have applied the same on the switch in the remote office and traffic in that direction is also going over the 2mb link instead of the 10.

Can anyone spot where I am going wrong here?

Cheers!
Gary

Comments

• Options
    dtlokeedtlokee Member Posts: 2,378 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Your acl is wrong. you need to apply it in the form of

acess-list 100 permit ip <source ip add> <source wildcard mask> <destination ip address> <destination wildcard mask>

you can use something like this:

access-list 100 permit ip host 10.96.70.35 any

that will be just the single source of 10.96.70.35 to anywhere

The other issue is the the route map won't have an effet on the traffic sourced from the vlan interface they way you have done it.
    The only easy day was yesterday!
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply. Is it not possible to use an extended acl when creating a route map? I didnt get any error when creating this acl? Also could you let me know why the route map wont have any effect on traffic the way I have applied it? cheers.
  • Options
    Hi,

I changed to a numbered not named access-list and this is now working fine. I did not need to change the way I had applied this to the vlan interface though.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
    Waru