Options

New Star Wars clone wars series and movie

sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
Any Star Wars fans on this site? I assume there would be several. Anyway I thought some might be interested in this.

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

It looks like George Lucas is going to release a new computer animated Star Wars movie along with a new computer animated TV series. Even though it is animated I still never thought I would be seeing another Star Wars movie in the Theater.
Working on: MCSA 2012 R2

Comments

• Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Does a "beat the dead horse" tag apply here? :)
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    Yeah, this has been in the works even before that last movie. Although I've been a SW fan for 30-years now ( icon_eek.gif ), I'm just not in the teenaged-minded demographic this show is aimed at.

Now if you'll excuse me, there's a Sponge Bob Square Pants marathon on Cartoon Network. :D
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:

Are you referring to my thread or the fact that Lucas is making another Star Wars movie? I was reading somewhere else about this topic and a lot of people where saying enough is enough with Star Wars and that Lucas needs to stop. I guess a lot of people did not like Episode I and II (or III) but liked the old trilogy. In my opinion if you did not like the new trilogy and don't want Lucas to continue with TV series/CGI movies then that person is not a TRUE Star Wars fan. Other than the CGI in Ep. 1-3 they are not that much different compared to Ep. 4-6 IMHO.
  • Options
    sthomas wrote:
    ... and a lot of people where saying enough is enough with Star Wars and that Lucas needs to stop.
    Lucas will only stop when fans stop shoveling money into his pockets, otherwise he has no reason to stop the SW franchise machine.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You aren't a true SW fan unless you know who Ponda Baba, IG-88, and salacious crumb are :)

The "newer" movies were okay but lacked the magic of Ep. 4-6. I don't think I will be seeing this animated movie.
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sthomas wrote:
    Mishra wrote:

Are you referring to my thread or the fact that Lucas is making another Star Wars movie? I was reading somewhere else about this topic and a lot of people where saying enough is enough with Star Wars and that Lucas needs to stop. I guess a lot of people did not like Episode I and II (or III) but liked the old trilogy. In my opinion if you did not like the new trilogy and don't want Lucas to continue with TV series/CGI movies then that person is not a TRUE Star Wars fan. Other than the CGI in Ep. 1-3 they are not that much different compared to Ep. 4-6 IMHO.

Definitely talking about him making another Star Wars movie/series.

I like star wars and all. I liked all episodes except episode I and I enjoy a couple of the video games... But it just seems like this has been milked for all its worth. I actually wouldn't mind more star wars movies if they were to use a totally different era and didn't try to add any nostalgia.

But redoing the same story line over and over and over and over 4000 different ways just seems to make it really old and irritating.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Mishra wrote:
    But redoing the same story line over and over and over and over 4000 different ways just seems to make it really old and irritating.
    I'm very pleased that Star Trek hasn't worn itself too thin by basically doing the same thing. Each new ST project has been fresh, although not necessarily successful. I will admit to being a Star Trek fan for 40 years this year ( icon_eek.gif ).
  • Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    There is also going to be a live action TV Series that focuses on Anakin's padawan. I can't remember her name.

I'm looking forward to all the new projects. Hopefully Lucas doesn't write or direct any of them.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    There is going to be a live action tv series but there are not that many details about it yet. All I know is that Boba Fett is going to be in it.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/845/845437p1.html
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    You aren't a true SW fan unless you know who Ponda Baba, IG-88, and salacious crumb are :)

Well, luckily Google solves that problem.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680