Options

Help w/ routing

wagnerbmwagnerbm Member Posts: 38 ■■□□□□□□□□
Okay, I need someones help. I am new at this and have no one to really learn from. I am setting up a test lab. I have 2 different networks with 2 subnets 192.168.2.0/24 and 192.168.0.0/24 with a pix in between. I need it to route between the two and nothing else. I have set the interfaces to 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.0.1 and allowed anything but it doesn't seem to work. What am I missing?

Comments

• Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What are you using as routers? Isn't the zero subnet automatically unused unless you specify?
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    Are you really using a PIX firewall or is it just a router?

If it is a PIX firewall, make sure you have allowed the traffic to and from each subnet on the respective interface. Otherwise the firewall may be blocking all traffic by default.

Also, you are using 192.168.0.0 /24. In a true RFC-compliant implementation, this subnet can't be used. Either change the subnet to 192.168.1.0 /24 or make sure you use the 'ip subnet-zero' (or it's equivalent) command in your config.
  • Options
    It is a pix. I have added an access-list called inside that says access-list inside permit ip any any. Am I still missing it?
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    wagnerbm wrote:
    It is a pix. I have added an access-list called inside that says access-list inside permit ip any any. Am I still missing it?

Where did you apply the access-list?
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • Options
    to the inside interface
  • Options
    Thank you Claymoore!!! You were right with the ip. I changed the one interface to 192.168.1.1 and it is now up and running. Sometimes it just takes an extra set of eye's to help out.

Thanks again!!!
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    You're welcome - glad I could help.