(Wireless#, CWNA, CWSP) Vs (CCNA, CCNP)

bassnerebassnere Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I work as a Radio technician on telecommunication system (VHF, HF Transmitters and Receivers, VSAT, telephone) VOR, DME, ILS use for air traffic service, navigation and landing system, voice recorder, LAN in a small airport in my country BURKINA FASO (West Africa).
What of these certifications will be benefic for me (Wireless#, CWNA, CWSP) or (CCNA, CCNP) in Africa?
What the future of CWNP and CISCO Certification?
African Radio technician

Comments

• cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    bassnere wrote:
    I work as a Radio technician on telecommunication system (VHF, HF Transmitters and Receivers, VSAT, telephone) VOR, DME, ILS use for air traffic service, navigation and landing system, voice recorder, LAN in a small airport in my country BURKINA FASO (West Africa).
    What of these certifications will be benefic for me (Wireless#, CWNA, CWSP) or (CCNA, CCNP) in Africa?
    What the future of CWNP and CISCO Certification?

You should probably research the job market where you are, and identify areas of growth. After doing that, it should be apparent which certifications will be most valuable for you.
  • mikearamamikearama Member Posts: 749
    bassnere wrote:
    What of these certifications will be benefic for me (Wireless#, CWNA, CWSP) or (CCNA, CCNP) in Africa? What the future of CWNP and CISCO Certification?

I wouldn't worry about the future of the certs... those two are strong.

I like troopers suggestion... do a little research. Would a company in BF consider a vendor-specific cert like the CCNP more impressive than a vendor-neutral cert like the CWNA?

Also, if your focus is wireless only, the CWSP and/or CWNE are the cream of the crop. The technology is quite standardized now, so regardless of the make of the infrastructure, you'd be gold.
    There are only 10 kinds of people... those who understand binary, and those that don't.

CCIE Studies: Written passed: Jan 21/12 Lab Prep: Hours reading: 385. Hours labbing: 110

Taking a time-out to add the CCVP. Capitalizing on a current IPT pilot project.