two ninety what?!!!

Hey everyone. Just passed the 70-293 today. Needless to say, I am feeling extremely well today. I didn't passed by much though. I got a 700. Yes that's right, a 700. What did I need to pass it. Oh that's right, a 700. I was feeling like I hadn't studied enough yet for it, but decided to take it anyway. It doesn't matter to me though. I PASSED!!!

I used MS Press and set up a server at home to play on and used the Transcender. Now I can finally fully focus on my Linux + that I am studying for as we speak. icon_cheers.gif
Taking 70-294 very soon...again

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You can't get any closer than that. Congratulations icon_thumright.gif

Are you using the Linux+ to take a break from your MCSE? It looks like you're getting close to that.
  • TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    Actually, I am going to college and Linux + happens to be my next step. They only offer the 270, 290, 291, and 293 classes at my school (as far a Microsoft is concerned). I do plan on getting my MCSE fairly soon though. This fall I will sit for my Security + exam and class. So I should only be two classes away from MCSE. I am taking things one step at a time. This may sound like a silly question, but if people are not going to school, do they just buy all of the books, test prep software, etc. and study everything on their own? If so, there are alot of dedicated people out there. I feel like if I didn't have the test at the end of every week, then I might start to slip. But if you want something bad enough, then you'll do anything and stay on track. Thanks for the congrats. I am just glad to be done with the beast and 293 (Jr. beast)
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Did Transcender help you? I heard the MSPress book is missing key concepts.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This may sound like a silly question, but if people are not going to school, do they just buy all of the books, test prep software, etc. and study everything on their own? If so, there are alot of dedicated people out there.

Yep. Sometimes employers help with some of it.
    techster79 wrote:
    Did Transcender help you? I heard the MSPress book is missing key concepts.

I like Transcender a lot because they give you scenario-based questions like the MS exam, which really makes you think about the material. They also offer very detailed explanations as to why each option was or wasn't correct as well as a list of sources for further study. The MS book didn't have everything that was in the test, but Transcender and Google queries filled in the gaps.
  • techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have online access to the Sybex book, does anyone know of the quality of their material? The copyright date is 2006.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
    I hope that my future employer will help me at some point.

Transcender did definitely help. Like dynamik wrote, transcender does give you very real life questions. They relate to the MS exam quite well. The MS Press book for this exam did leave out some aspects of the exam. I sure wouldn't go and sit for this exam with just reading the MS Press book. You might get a 400. I haven't tried to use the test prep software that comes with the book though, just used the Transcender. So I don't know how well that test prep would relate to the contents of the test. That might save MS.
    techster79 wrote:
    I have online access to the Sybex book, does anyone know of the quality of their material? The copyright date is 2006.

I haven't heard anything on Sybex. Good luck on the test techster79. icon_lol.gif