Options

CCNP Sequence ...

sieffsieff Member Posts: 276
passed my CCNA yesterday. thought it was beyond difficult. I failed the CCNA twice before with a (735). Yesterday I passed with a (828 - I'll take it !!!) I have a solid background as a WAN Engineer (mpls, frly, atm, etc) and now I'm a Cisco Voice Engineer (2 yrs experience) doing enterprise level installations. I'm siding with doing the CCNP first because my Routing & Switch knowlegde is just enough to get me by. I found studying for the CCNA to be rewarding, it put into prespective alot of things I've done already, but gave a theory behind it.

Is there any preferred sequence for the CCNP test?
"The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept were toiling upward in the night." from the poem: The Ladder of St. Augustine, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Most people go with BSCI-BCMSN-ISCW-ONT. I'd say go with BCMSN or BSCI first followed by ISCW or ONT. If you had a problem with CCNA you are in for a lot of work. I found the CCNA exam rather simple and the CCNP exams to be a lot more difficult. Good luck, hit the books and the rack hard and you shouldn't have any problems.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.