Options

I need recomendation

ppauloppaulo Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
I Guys,

I´m studying for taking the ccna exam, and i thought to buy a router to practice. Now i´m using the simulaters, boson, dynamips, etc, but i don´t want to depend only of them. Can you recomend me a router, a cheap one icon_twisted.gif

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    2500s are good cheap routers. I'd get more than one though if you want to practice routing. If you have some money I would go for some 2600xm or 3640 routers as they will last you a while in your studies.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    flipmadflipmad Member Posts: 184
    you can get 2500s for 10-20 bucks, but make sure you get some AUI tranceivers if you plan to network them together, but your only going to get 10Mbps.

But if your a very beginner, you ca get that and just get used to the commands.

I have 2 2500s and a 2600 with a 2924 switch and I only spent 200 bucks for everything including cables etc..

2600s can cost you 50-100 bucks if you look around.
  • Options
    ppauloppaulo Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks....is there anyone with adsl modem incorporated?
  • Options
    freetechfreetech Member Posts: 154
    You can get ADSL cards (WIC-1ADSL) cards for routers, but they tend to be expensive, $125+. You can get ADSL routers (800's)for less, $20-50.
    I don't have any experience with them, but there they are.
    Experience is a harsh teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.