Options

Boss wont buy Server 2008? Download this Free

cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
Did this subject catch your eye? Yeah, me too. Until I opened the email up and only saw the ad for the preplogic 2003 command reference guide. You likely have one in your email box as well.

icon_sad.gif
Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I refuse to buy/use any Prep Logic product simply because of the amount of annoying email they send me.
  • Options
    mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    dynamik wrote:
    I refuse to buy/use any Prep Logic product simply because of the amount of annoying email they send me.

Same here!
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    Have any of you guys been called by preplogic? That was a terrible experience. I do my best to be polite when ppl like that call, but they were really, really pushy.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    cacharo wrote:
    Have any of you guys been called by preplogic? That was a terrible experience. I do my best to be polite when ppl like that call, but they were really, really pushy.

They call you like some pushy telemarketer too? They are getting more evil by the minute. :)
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • Options
    147147 Member Posts: 117
    cacharo wrote:

I think I was called by them once after I signed up on their web site for information on study materials (I should know better by now). I was polite the first time we talked. So what does he do? The guy called back FOUR times the next day!
    Fear is the absence of Faith.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    dynamik wrote:
    I've never had any problem with them honoring the opt-out feature at the bottom of their emails.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I never said they wouldn't remove me from their list. I just don't like the way they go about things. Not only do I get significantly more email from them than anyone else I'm registered with, a lot of the content comes off as deceptive (as the message the started this thread) and/or obnoxious. I'm subscribed to dozens of vendors email lists, and none have turned me off as much as Prep Logic's. I feel like they're harassing me to buy their products instead of simply updating me with new products and offers. I've stayed subscribed to see if I just had an initial bad experience or if this is simply the way they do business. It truly appears to be the latter.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    I do get email notifications from PrepLogic too, but not at an unreasonable rate. I wonder if you are on multiple emailing lists and PrepLogic doesn't check for (or care about) duplicate email addresses.