Options

VB Scripts?

brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
Im working through the Trancender for 290, and a couple of the SIMS I've had had me

1) Put lines of VB Scripts in order
2) Find the faults in the VB scripts

I've read through the Sybex book and watched the CBT nuggets a couple of times and there's nothing in there about VB scripts.

Did anyone experience VB questions like that (sims no less)?

Im actually getting a little intimidated with my Trancender failures after all the studying, I thought I knew the material pretty well.

Comments

• Options
    SmallguySmallguy Member Posts: 597
    brad- wrote:
    Im working through the Trancender for 290, and a couple of the SIMS I've had had me

1) Put lines of VB Scripts in order
    2) Find the faults in the VB scripts

I've read through the Sybex book and watched the CBT Nuggets a couple of times and there's nothing in there about VB scripts.

Did anyone experience VB questions like that (sims no less)?

Im actually getting a little intimidated with my Trancender failures after all the studying, I thought I knew the material pretty well.

I do not recall any questions where you had ot know VB scripts in any of my studies

I did come accross a few practice questions regarding dsadd, dsmod and similar commands but they were just looking for whether you knew what the command was used for and what the switches did

I'd have t see the question but maybe they were asking for a script to create a user and then add them to various groups
  • Options
    cacharocacharo Member Posts: 361
    I ran across the same questions in transcender. I also did not come across it in any training materials, but you can't rule out seeing it on the exam. You likely are not going to have write a script, but being able to pull out the relevant information from an existing one is possible if you examine it.
    Treat people as if they were what they ought to be, and you help them become what they are capable of being.
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You don't need to know it for the 290.

No where in the requirements does it ask for visual basic scripting experience.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.mspx

As someone else mentioned, they might throw the word VB in a question asking about other topics.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did get a question requiring me to place a few lines of vbscript in the correct order on a MS test, but I think it was 70-218 or 70-292, I can't remember which one.

Mishra wrote:
    No where in the requirements does it ask for visual basic scripting experience.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-290.mspx

Better read it again:
    Microsoft wrote:
    Create and modify groups by using automation.
    Create and modify user accounts by using automation.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    ok...i just thought it was odd. On top of getting most of the Trancender questions wrong, there were those 2...so my morale was, in the dumpster. Now it's got one leg out :P
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did get one question on the exam for VBScript. It's very logically set up where you aren't actually required to know VBScript, but can still figure it out. Also, Microsoft has on their FAQ that they might ask some questions that aren't actually counted against you on the exam. I wouldn't worry too much about the VBScript question.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    brad- wrote:
    ok...i just thought it was odd. On top of getting most of the Trancender questions wrong, there were those 2...so my morale was, in the dumpster. Now it's got one leg out :P

The more I think about it the more I think it was on the 218 exam, which was for W2K. I wouldn't worry about vbscript for the exam. As others have stated it's unlikely you'll get a question on it, and if you do, oh well. :P
    All things are possible, only believe.