Options

Off-Topic Rant: Lunarpages sucks

hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
Lunarpages sucks. A year ago, I signed up for some simple hosting of 1 site just to try some stuff.

1. DNS has been broken for about 4 months. Every time I email support, one of their "cage technicians" tells me that Yes, DNS is in fact broken, since the Nameservers they have for my site don't have any SOA! Thus, the site doesn't even resolve. They don't know how to fix it? WTF.

2. There is no reset password link. You have to email support, which takes at least all day and 3 technicians to reset your password. And guess what, they didn't even reset it to the right password! What the hell good is that to anyone?

3. They automatically bill you for another years worth of hosting at the end of your year. I should expect this, but I wasn't happy to see $125 bill taken out on my credit card.

4. Their versions of DotNetNuke, PHPNuke, Joomla, etc are terribly outdated and basically worthless. There is no way to upgrade them on the hosts.

Ok thats it.

Comments

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    nl wrote:
    Lunarpages sucks. A year ago, I signed up for some simple hosting of 1 site just to try some stuff.

1. DNS has been broken for about 4 months. Every time I email support, one of their "cage technicians" tells me that Yes, DNS is in fact broken, since the Nameservers they have for my site don't have any SOA! Thus, the site doesn't even resolve. They don't know how to fix it? WTF.

2. There is no reset password link. You have to email support, which takes at least all day and 3 technicians to reset your password. And guess what, they didn't even reset it to the right password! What the hell good is that to anyone?

3. They automatically bill you for another years worth of hosting at the end of your year. I should expect this, but I wasn't happy to see $125 bill taken out on my credit card.

4. Their versions of DotNetNuke, PHPNuke, Joomla, etc are terribly outdated and basically worthless. There is no way to upgrade them on the hosts.

Ok thats it.

Why have you continued to put up with this crap? Fire them, demanding at the least a pro-rated refund, although I would personally be inclined to get a full refund. There are other companies out there. Even if this is cheap hosting, how cheap is it if you aren't getting what you pay for? Get a reputable provider and be done with it so you can concentrate on getting traffic to your site.
  • Options
    Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    Hi

Thats a pretty lame rant nl, were is all the @.gif@.gif@.gif@.gif and the @.gif@.gif@.gif@.gif, i know swearing is a sign of lack of vocabulary but hey it makes you fell better icon_lol.gif

Will post my next rant soon as i have one, which wont be long icon_lol.gif

Lee H