Job Fairs

Show up like you want a job. I went to a job fair today that had a bunch of IT jobs open. I couldn't belive what I saw. Now I know everybody doesn't have the funds to buy a nice suit and the whole 9, but at least have a haircut, shave. The clothes that you do have, please iron them, and make sure they are clean. One guy in line with me showed me his resume and it was pretty impressive, however he looked like A55. He was told that that they didnt have any openings, and they told me about 2 openings 5 min's after he left. He resume was better than mine, but I had on a clean suit, haircut and I made eye contact and gave a firm handshake. I know a lot of guys complain on here about not finding work, but I'm sure this might help and the vets on here can prob add more on to it. Ok I'm done rambling.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Great advice. How did you come across this? I know the university I go to has them from time to time, but that's all I know of.
  • empc4000xlempc4000xl Member Posts: 322
    the chamber of commerce here always post stuff. I'm sure you can check in your state.
  • silentc1015silentc1015 Member Posts: 128
    empc4000xl wrote:
    Show up like you want a job. I went to a job fair today that had a bunch of IT jobs open. I couldn't belive what I saw. Now I know everybody doesn't have the funds to buy a nice suit and the whole 9, but at least have a haircut, shave. The clothes that you do have, please iron them, and make sure they are clean. One guy in line with me showed me his resume and it was pretty impressive, however he looked like A55. He was told that that they didnt have any openings, and they told me about 2 openings 5 min's after he left. He resume was better than mine, but I had on a clean suit, haircut and I made eye contact and gave a firm handshake. I know a lot of guys complain on here about not finding work, but I'm sure this might help and the vets on here can prob add more on to it. Ok I'm done rambling.

Thanks for posting this. Job fairs are a great resource that I think are not tapped into frequently enough.