Options

One exam left for MCSA: 291

I just finished my MCDST for the elective, and I have 270 and 290 so it's onto the big one - 291.

Heard there is some certificate stuff as well as DNS troubleshooting.

Any DNSLint?

Any hints/suggestions would be helpful.

Comments

• Options
    TryntotechitTryntotechit Member Posts: 108
    I am just going to say..."Good Luck!!!!!" The beast is nicknamed "the beast" for a reason. Make sure you get used to sitting for a long time. I think mine was 4 hours. I would brush up on all those things. Make sure you're prepared.
    Taking 70-294 very soon...again
  • Options
    Magnum2544Magnum2544 Member Posts: 103
    how many questions?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    http://techexams.net/microsoft/70-291.shtml

I've seen DNSLint mentioned a few times in my study materials. It certainly doesn't seem to be an area of focus. You don't need to worry about certificates yet; you get into those in 293. Be sure to play around with WSUS. It has a significant presence in the exam, and it's barely touched upon (if at all) in a lot of the popular study materials. The exam did require a 4.5 hour block of time to schedule. I'm not sure how much of that is actually necessary. I've finished all of mine in about 1/3 of the allotted time.
  • Options
    wiseguywiseguy Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I just passed the exam barely this past Monday and I got a bunch of WSUS questions. So I would recommend you brush up on WSUS material.
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Magnum2544 wrote:
    I just finished my MCDST for the elective, and I have 270 and 290 so it's onto the big one - 291.

Heard there is some certificate stuff as well as DNS troubleshooting.

Any DNSLint?

Any hints/suggestions would be helpful.

welcome to "The Beast" study club!

DNS DNS DNS, thats all I hear about this guy. That and WSUS. Not sure about DNSLint.

Cant say too much because Im not too far into studying this one yet.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Magnum2544Magnum2544 Member Posts: 103
    I know that there is alot about DNS on it...I have been studying a little bit so far.

I have a college course coming up in March titled "Network Infrastructures"

I think I'm gonna wait until that class is over until I attempt "The Beast"