Options

All users profile(local machine)

KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
So the All users profile is mapped to all other profiles on the system. If I turn off certain startup items on a user profile...will I need to disable the item in all users as well? I imagine this isn't necessary but I'm unsure of what the All users profile brings over on boot(if it overrides any configurations?).
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• Options
    MarkieMarkie Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well, it was my understanding that the "All Users" profile basically justs supplements (i.e. adds on) to the individual user profiles.

I had a quick check on my computer and couldnt find any duplicate entries between the All Users profile and the individual profiles. Did you actually find any?

If you did, then my best guess would be that in the event of a conflict (e.g. you modify the duplicate entry in the individual profile but not the entry in the All Users profile), the All Users profile would take precedence.

I mean, seeming that the All users profile serves all users on the local machine, it wouldnt make much sense if the individual profile setting overrides the setting in the All Users profile. If that was the case, the All Users profile would be fairly redundant to say the least.

But like I said, I would be quite suprised if you had any conflicts (duplicate entries) in the first place.

Mark
    The oxen is slow but the earth is patient!!!!
  • Options
    MarkieMarkie Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Whoops!!!! I kinda just read your question again and it seems I sort of went of track.

I guess your talking more about MSConfig type of stuff. Ive never heard of having to configure the All Users profile in addition to the individual profile when it comes to start-up items.

So yeah, Id say that your feeling that its not necessary is right.

Mark
    The oxen is slow but the earth is patient!!!!