Options

What to do next?

Rebound86Rebound86 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi im a Year 12 student currently in the 3rd semester of CCNA.
I like all Yr 12's have started to look to the year after this and exactly what i will be doing. I have decided the University is not for me, while the Uni social life sounds great :D i feel that in the end a Uni IT degree will in fact be a waste of time. It is for this reason that i have turned my attention towards apprentiships and traineships as most of the It jobs i have seen advertisied require a particular amount of experience, i was wondering if any of you had some advies as how to go about getting started? How did you get started? Will a CCNA degree alone be enough to land job strait out of school? will i need somthing else, if so what do you recomend? any help and/or advise will be appreciated.

Peter Ansell
I started with nothing ...... I still have most of it.

Comments

• Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    This may not apply to you, but in The States, it helps tremendously to have a degree. A lot of companies here have that as a minimum requirement.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Also, at least in the states, be prepared to take any job you have to in order to get IT experience. Most employers require you to have experience before they will even consider interviewing you.

After getting some experience, you may decide that you should get a degree. Like Ricka182 wrote, at least for any type of administrative jobs, you will need a degree or 5 to 10 years of experience.

Best of luck on your decision.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki