Options

Server 2008 SP1 !!

Installed my first live Windows Server 2008 yesterday, joined to domain, promoted to DC etc with no problems. Noticed the following screen that interested me:

Windows Server Standard
Copyright 2007 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Service Pack 1 icon_eek.gif

Service Pack 1, the OS is not even released yet WOW its SP1 allready.

I heard a rumour that Vista and Server2008 are going to use the same SP's so maybe its true!
Isn't Bill such a Great Guy!!!!

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I heard that Vista SP1 and 2008 Gold were the same kernel.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Hi,

Server 2008 is now available for download if you have a MS agreement & software assurance. As for Server 2008 Service Pack, this will explain it.
    This means the that the Service Packs are shared...

...So, it's called SP1 - in retrospect i should just say its called that so you don't have to wait for SP1 for it to be right like people have before. The first Service Pack for WS08 will be called SP2.

Hope that helps.

-ken
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thanks.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...