Visual Basic

ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi guys I am thinking about downloading Visual Basic Express tonight

Since I have dabbled with programming in the past before and have failed miserably to acheive anything productive lol

What would be the easiest way to learn VB and don't say by tinkering because i'll like ok what should I build lol

icon_rolleyes.gif
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• NetstudentNetstudent Member Posts: 1,693 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would start out with a good book and a good forum like devshed.com. you could start building some simple little forms that perform simple mathematical operations like finding the average, outputting all prime numbers, adding numbers and putting the answer in a text box. You will need some text boxes and couple command buttons. Then you can start writing some simple code on the backend of these text boxes, buttons, drop down menus. Then after that you could build a little access database, link your front end to it with an engine and start populating drop down boxes, list boxes, grids, ect.....

After you get that down, start writing Multi document interface applications.

In one of my classes I wrote an application that could keep track of baseball cards. I put in all the fields in the form to categorize the cards. Then I put a few cards in an access database and linked that database to various fields of my form. Then i programmed functions in the form like add a card, move record fwd, move record back, delete a record. Simple little things.
    There is no place like 127.0.0.1 BUT 209.62.5.3 is my 127.0.0.1 away from 127.0.0.1!