Passed 292 with 850

Joe DonnerJoe Donner Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Yay!!! :D

Just got back from the exam center. It was an interesting experience, this one.

At around question 12, something happened on the exam center's network, and the whole shebang crashed! At first I wanted to become annoyed, but then this other guy who was also doing an exam threw a wobbly and started shouting at everyone how he wanted his money back and how he refuses to carry on with his exam and whatever. Then he called his mother on the phone! Can you believe that? I had to laugh (he was smaller than me).

Anyway, they got my test going again after about 15 minutes, and somehow this made me relax. I was quite nervous before that.

This exam is a deceptive one. The questions appear to be simple, but they catch you out. I think someone on the forum mentioned that before.

I've studied since January 5th for this one - each and every day. Went to work an hour earlier, studied, then studied lunchtimes, and some more after work. It did pay off, although I may have overstudied. But rather that than fail. I didn't do an awful lot of test lab hands-on, which is naughty. You really should do that, but I just didn't seem to get around to it very often.

I used the big blue MS Press book, which was good, and the Transcenders. In my opinion the Transcenders were good preparation, and their questions were much more complex than the real thing. They really do help to get your mind into exam mode. And also the netfresco notes - very helpful, but not in a braindump sort of way. I usually print out the Cramsession notes, then study through the book and make notes on the printed Cramsession about everything I don't know. Then do the Transcenders, and update my notes with their explanations, and then study from the notes again and again, and do the Transcenders one more time before taking the exam. And usually some hands-on on a test lab.

To be honest, I don't think this one was anything like 216. 216 was a monster in many ways, but for me especially because of the length and complexity of the questions. This one's questions were mercifully shorter, and not nearly as complex. Well, that's my opinion for what it's worth.

Thanks very much to everyone here who answered my questions and wished me well and generally tried to be supportive! It's much appreciated.

Now on to 296! But I'll take the rest of the evening off an lie on the couch while thinking happy thoughts.

icon_wink.gif

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I bet that kid takes his mom to interviews with him as well (I've heard stories about that happening). I'm sorry to hear about the problems, but it looks like you were able to persevere.

Congratulations on the pass; that seems like a brutal exam. Good luck with 296.
  • stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    I had a problem around question 30 when the screen went totally white for about 4 minutes, I waited that one out as I have had this before. Sounds like the whole thing we south for you, glad you survived that nightmare!

Nice to see others are cracking this one before March. Congratulations!

See you on the other side of 70-296?
  • Joe DonnerJoe Donner Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!

Yeah, the same blank screen thing happened on 2 questions for me, but I just waited and waited and eventually the questions appeared.

What happened at question 12 was different though. The entire test window disappeared and 2 big Windows errors popped up. The exam center guys fiddled around a bit and I could see that the computer had lost its IP address - it had acquired a 169.254.x.x one - and the switch in the room went nuts. All the computers in the exam center went down. So it wasn't just slow loading, that one. Definitely a network "outage".

2 reboots later and starting the Prometric applications up again and I could continue. The good thing was that I didn't have to start from scratch, and it remembered how much time I had left. So no real harm done.

Funny thing though is that the whole thing made me relax, for some reason.

Didn't do the guy who called his mom any good though... icon_wink.gif