Options

Real world network plan Documents

indyguyindyguy Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys

I wanted to know if there are any network plan books or documents i can
get my hands on, im just certified as a MCSA.. and want to implement some
network scenarios/plans and the way things are done in real world..
The MS press book is good enuff to practise but i need to look at this
concept in real world scenario examples ...i am talking about a network plan right from
the scratch .. with a few servers- clusters- backup sys- exchange- file servers etc
I checked on the web .. but couldnt find any ... if any of u have some stuff
about this can u pass it along pls, this will help a newbee like me, :) thanks all

Indyguy

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Technet is actually a great resource for this type of thing: http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library

For example, just search for whatever you're looking to do, and you'll get good information on how to do it. I know it's still Microsoft, but the Technet resources are usually far superior to the MS Press resources. You do need to know what you're searching for (i.e. print server cluster) though. I think you're going to have a hard time finding single documents that cover many different configurations (but there are probably some floating around somewhere).

Also, try coming up with your own scenarios and implementing them. For example, imagine a network with NLB web servers, clustered exchange servers, IPSec requirements between certain computers and the file server, a PKI infrastructure, etc. Just use your imagination and research each item individually at Technet.

However, if you cert list is current, and you aren't familiar with the 290, 291, 293, and 294 material, you're really going to be limited with what you can do. Getting those under your belt will give you significantly more knowledge to work with.
  • Options
    indyguyindyguy Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    Technet is actually a great resource for this type of thing: http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library

I knew u were going to refer me to this web, this site is the closest i got with my search, but thanks for your reply on this one and the quad core query... it always helps coming to this web site.

Cheers to you guys running this site