70-272 test

keltakkeltak Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi
I took 70-272 today, it was hell.

the exam consisted of only 40 questions and 90mins to complete.
there were only 7 questions where i spotted the answer immediately.
All the rest i really had to put my thinking cap on.

I used the whole time allowance as opposed to 70-271 where i had 40 mins spare. This exam is definately much harder than 70-271.

all the office questions were related to office XP! why the hell does microsoft press book ship with trial software for office 2003?

I only used the press book, cbt nugs and the questions in the microsoft press readiness review suit.

yesterday i did all 300 question and scored 90%.
most of todays exam was security related.

Thankfully, I managed to pass with 861.

rule number 1 is still READ the question, READ the question and Read it again.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass. Just from reading the exam objectives, 272 seems much more involved than 271. I'm glad you made it through.

I looked up the version history of Office because I didn't remember if Office XP was released in 2001 or 2002, and I came across this gem:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Unknown (possibly the first half of 2009):[10] Office 14. There will be no Microsoft Office 13 due to superstition.
  • keltakkeltak Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Dynamic

who would have thought the MIGHTY Microsoft were superstitous?
  • brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    i thought the second one was harder than the first as well. most people say it's the other way around.
  • Magnum2544Magnum2544 Member Posts: 103
    I felt that it was the other way around...I finished 272 in about 35 minutes with a 950...

271 I finished after about 45 minutes with an 860.

I guess everyone is different.

Congrats nonetheless
  • keltakkeltak Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I suppose it depends on which questions you get.

My questions were very cleverly constructed, so that you had to read them multiple times.
    then when you had figured it out and thought of the answer, your answer was not there or it was but somthing was missing from it, it was only 80% right.

if the scenario were for real and you could ask just one question you would get the answer easily, but ofcourse you can't ask a question and the scenario is false.

did anyone else only get 40 questions, i thought it should have been 49