Options

old questions?

ROMGabeROMGabe Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
This is my first posting to this site. Great resources and technical discussions.

Three years ago I ran across a 1000-questions file to help me study for Security+. At the time I was working as an administrator with PKI technology and used two security books ("All-in-One" from McGraw-Hill and ExamCram2) to get more comprehensive knowledge of the field. Unfortunatelly I did not take the exam back then, and have to have it now.

ALTHOUGH the test objectives and material has not changed since early 2005, do you think i should rely on older test questions (think they called it brain ****) to cram for this exam ?

IN OTHER WORDS: do you know (do you think) today's CompTIA Security+ questions have changed since 2004/2005 times ?

(having two book, now three with the O'reilly's "A+, Network+, Security+ in a Nutshell", I have found deficiencies and sometimes even major typos and bad question formats, and tend to lean towards doing the questions and studying the areas where I miss the most questions).

Your 2-cents are much appreciated. Thank you!
----
Studying CCENT/ICND1 (640-822)
Future tests:
in 2008: CCENT, SSCP, Linux+, A+,
in 2009: CCNA/ICND2 (640-816), C|EH, CWNA, CWSP,
in 2010: CCNP, CCSP.

Comments

• Options
    SchluepSchluep Member Posts: 346
    RomGabe wrote:
    ALTHOUGH the test objectives and material has not changed since early 2005, do you think i should rely on older test questions (think they called it brain ****) to cram for this exam?

Brain **** typically contain actual test questions and answers (which is cheating) and should never be used. The people that provided these resources typically broke their NDA's to do so.

The current version of the exam is SY0-101 so any books or legitimate study materials updated for this version should work. I recommend learning the things that have changes since then as well even though it likely won't be a part of your exam because Security is a very fast changing part of IT and staying up to date is very important.

Looking through many of the posts in these forums from people who past will give you insight into the study materials they found to be mos useful not only for passing the test but also understanding the information contained within the exam.