Anyone filed their taxes with Turbo Tax?

KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
I'm so glad I found a nice way to file my taxes, rather than take them into some place where you're likely to pay someone to file for you. Though I'm a bit stumped and annoyed, as I've run into a problem.

I filled out all the information needed for my 2007 taxes and send it off, but it came back(rejected by the IRS) because I forgot to put down something for my 2006 Adjusted Gross Income(AGI). icon_sad.gif
I have no idea where this option was on those forms I filled in, but I pulled it up and put the value in(had to call and find out what it was from the IRS).

Though now it's telling me I can't digitally sign, and that I have to sign(on paper) some Form 8453-OL. icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:

If any of you have used Turbo tax, could you direct me on where to go to get this form/where I'm suppose to print it? Also, can I send the rest of this information I filled out or do I need to print everything and send it all in by hand? grraaahhh
Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680

Comments

• cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    I'm so glad I found a nice way to file my taxes, rather than take them into some place where you're likely to pay someone to file for you. Though I'm a bit stumped and annoyed, as I've run into a problem.

I filled out all the information needed for my 2007 taxes and send it off, but it came back(rejected by the IRS) because I forgot to put down something for my 2007 Adjusted Gross Income(AGI). icon_sad.gif
    I have no idea where this option was on those forms I filled in, but I pulled it up and put the value in(had to call and find out what it was from the IRS).

Though now it's telling me I can't digitally sign, and that I have to sign(on paper) some Form 8453-OL. icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif: icon_confused.gif:

If any of you have used Turbo tax, could you direct me on where to go to get this form/where I'm suppose to print it? Also, can I send the rest of this information I filled out or do I need to print everything and send it all in by hand? grraaahhh

I think that form allows you to file online with an electronic signature...Although I don't remember having to physically sign it? icon_confused.gif
  • KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Made a slight error. I meant to say, I didn't fill in the 2006 AGI so they are pestering me about it and won't let me digitally sign now.
  • cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Made a slight error. I meant to say, I didn't fill in the 2006 AGI so they are pestering me about it and won't let me digitally sign now.

Yeah, because it asks for the previous years AGI as a way to establish non-repudiation...IE only you should know that number, and if it exists as your signature...YOU signed it.

Anyway, so it doesn't let you digitally sign if you forget to put that number in?? That kinda sucks if that's the case....
    It fixed any errors and sent it again, so I'll see what happens. Toward the end it allowed me to print the 8453-OL form that was mentioned. I saved it to my desktop, so I guess I could mail it to them with my signature if that's all they need. I'm not sure if my file is going to come back though...if it does, I don't know whether I should still send this form. <_<
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    If in doubt, just go ahead and send it. What could it hurt.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
    blargoe wrote:
    If in doubt, just go ahead and send it. What could it hurt.

Well, you know...they start charging me to send it again?
    Excellent, I sent them again...this time with the correction. It was accepted.
    Though they still want me to mail them the Form 8453-OL, which I have now. I'll just print it and send it in with my signature.

Let this be a warning. Don't E-file without filling everything in.