Options

Doing the classroom led 2277 course this week....

kingmonkey81kingmonkey81 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
And i just wondered if there was 1 particular topic that i trips a lot of people up, and maybe i should take advantage of the instructor to really grasp.

I get the feeling DNS is a major topic. But, if you have taken the test already, and passed or failed, is there one thing that, if you had the chance to you would use the classroom led training to really thrash out a topic.

Thanks Guys..

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I see a lot of people have difficulty with DNS and WSUS. WSUS is pretty straight-forward, and I think the difficulty stems mostly from lack of use. There's a lot to 291, and you really need to get it down pat if you're going to continue your studies because most of it resurfaces in 293.
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I did a 70-290 and 70-291 instructor led course and I found the instructor laugably bad. Turned out she didn't have a MCSE for 2003 at all. She had her 2000 one. She also had never used Vista, which she was making us use for clients. I finished the class online watching the Microsoft videos and never once went back to the labs.

I found the whole idea of assigning sites to subnets and hooking the sites up with DNS complicated. But it might have just been me trying to rush the material to get that class done.

I sure hope your teacher is better.

This brings up a question, I downloaded SUS and installed it on my 120 day trial Windows 2003 server. But I can't download any of the updates to deploy because I can't activate the trial version of Windows. Does Microsoft have a legit way around this for learning purposes? A couple google searches and I've found nothing... or maybe I am blind.
    -Daniel