Options

70-270 Pass Mark and Questions

keef-richardskeef-richards Member Posts: 29 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello

I have my 70-270 exam on Wednesday and I have never taken a Microsoft exam before. From what I can gather there will be 60 questions in the exam, however I have just read a post in here today saying there is only 50 questions ???

http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=16956

I gather the exam is out of 1000 marks, I asked in here before what the pass mark needed was and someone told me it was 700, I have since "aquired" transcenders that require a pass mark of 800 and read another post that says the pass mark is 800 ???

By the way, from what I have seen in the transcenders and other practice test questions, it is nothing like the book I have been studying from - which is the McGraw-Hill book

There are quite a few questions that I have seen that I really have no idea about, and have never even heard about. I understand the book cant tell you EVERYTHING, but I thought the whole idea was to prepare you for the exam.

Has anyone got any advice on how to study from here. I'm thinking about stopping my notes from the book and just concentrating on practice exams and the cramsession notes I also "Aquired"

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Have you tried the readiness review for XP?

See it here, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0735614601/qid=1079187099/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-9206151-0639836?v=glance&s=books

I'm not sure about the format of M$ exams. I've never taken one. But, I've seen the readiness review for other exams. However, the CD with the book is said to be too easy, but I think that the written review will be a great help. Besides, you can get it pretty cheap from the used section of the page so if the CD is lacking it won't be a great loss.

Good luck.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    The passing score is 700 for 70-270; the number of questions are approx 110; and you get 150 minutes to complete them.

I personally recommend "Microsoft Press" Study Guides/Training Kits for preparing for any MS exam. I've personally found MSPress Training Kits very helpful for MS exams.

Books don't teach you everything; in fact nothing will ever teach you everything about anything except experience. However, I'll repeat that MSPress Training Kits would help you a lot in preparing for the exam.

Best of Luck,
    2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.