How Do I transfer Outlook folders

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
I have to transfer my personal folders and inbox from one Outlook Express 2003 application that is on my desktop pc to my Outlook Express application on my laptop. I have a Netgear 4 port cable/dsl wireless router that is connected to my desktop pc and the laptop connects by wireless. Can anyone explain to me how this is done? Thanks
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Have you tried the Import/Export feature??

Haven't used Outlook Express in years, but it should be available.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Plantwiz wrote:
    Have you tried the Import/Export feature??

This is an MS app. Why would it be that easy? icon_lol.gif

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670
  • d4nmfd4nmf Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    OE has default file extensions, such as .wab files (i think) just transfer these between laptops and import into new one
  • telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
    If i were to connect the two pc's together via crossover cable can i go to the one pc and export the personel folders and inbox eamils to a folder on the other pc? If this is true what are the steps to do this. Do I need to create a folder on the one pc to export the items to? Then how would I import them into the outlook express application. I have never worked with Outlook before and I am going to be trying this tomorrow night so any help woul be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    "Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Basically share a folder and access it via \\computername\sharename on the other computer. Make sure you set the share/NTFS permissions to write or full-control. You may also have to disable your firewall or add an exception to allow file sharing. You can either configure static IP addresses or let APIPA take care of it automatically (if you're set to obtain your IP addresses automatically). This is a pretty basic procedure.
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Have you tried exmerge?
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."