Options

DsMod command....syntax?

GoldmemberGoldmember Member Posts: 277
I'm taking the Measureup Review questions and I found something that looks wrong...

The question asks the administrator to make a certain user account, Oksana, so that it never expires

The answers were narrowed down to these two solutions

1) dsmod user cn=Oksana, cn=users, dc=Contoso, dc=com -acctexpires never

2) dsmod user cn=Oksana, ou=users, dc=Contoso, dc=com -acctexpires never

The answer they gave was #1.

I'm looking at the MSPress book and it shows the syntax for the dsmod command and after the common name(CN) usually the OU should come next.

I think the correct answer is #2.

What do you think?

Thanks
CCNA, A+. MCP(70-270. 70-290), Dell SoftSkills

Comments

• Options
    Vex10Vex10 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think the OU comes next, number 2 is right
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The users is a built in container, not an OU. Therefore you use CN with it.

See some examples here:
    http://technet2.microsoft.com/windowsserver/en/library/3558c421-ba3d-4b8f-a107-b9058cc0f2861033.mspx?mfr=true
    Examples
    To reset Don Funk's password and force him to change his password the next time he logs on to the network, type:

dsmod user "CN=Don Funk,CN=Users,DC=Microsoft,DC=Com" -pwd A1b2C3d4 -mustchpwd yes

To reset multiple user passwords to a common password and force users to change their passwords the next time they log on to the network, type:

dsmod user "CN=Don Funk,CN=Users,DC=Microsoft,DC=Com" "CN=Denise Smith,CN=Users,DC=Microsoft,DC=Com" -pwd A1b2C3d4 -mustchpwd yes

To disable multiple user accounts at the same time, type:

dsmod user "CN=Don Funk,CN=Users,DC=Microsoft,DC=Com" "CN=Denise Smith,CN=Users,DC=Microsoft,DC=Com" -disabled yes

To modify the profile path of multiple users to a common path using the $username$ token, type:

dsmod user "CN=Don Funk,CN=Users,DC=Microsoft,DC=Com" "CN=Denise Smith,CN=Users,DC=Microsoft,DC=Com" -profile \users\$username$\profile
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Magnum2544Magnum2544 Member Posts: 103
    That's correct, if you are referring to a built in container, you can use CN twice.
  • Options
    DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Agreed it is number one.
    The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age