Options

MCP Member Site Clarification

NERVNERV Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
This may be common knowledge, but I know I am not the first to ask this and may not be the last who did not get informed by their testing center.

Once you complete your first exam and pass. You then become an MCP.

Your testing center MUST give you a print out of your results that will include information about your score, registration ID(Vendor ID) and other relevant information depending on the exam type you took, VUE or Prometric or others if they apply.

Once you get your print out, hold on to this as you will need the information on this paper to log onto the site for the first time.

From here, you will need to wait for your center to pass the results onto your test vendor, VUE or Prometric or whomever.

Once they recieve the results of your test, they in turn send the results to
Microsoft.

It takes up to 7 days for MS to get and post your results transcripts.

The email address you setup with your test vendor will the the email address used by MS to confirm your results.
Within 7 business days, MS will send that email address the information containing your login to thier MCP site https://partnering.one.microsoft.com/mcp

When you get your information take your results printout from the testing center and you then must setup a .NET passport account and associate the email address you used for your vendor with your MCP and passport account.
However you can use any email address you want for your MCP, but it is helpful to use the same email you used for your tests.

Once you login you will be able to setup the information to recieve your welcome kit and certification by mail. You will also be given your almighty MCP ID that you can use to login to the site in the future.

That should be clearer for those who will need to know this in the future as your testing center if it is like mine, didn't tell you squat about what to do or wait for next.
________
NERV
________

Comments