Options

i have a question: MCSE or A+

jshomlerjshomler Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
ive taken classes at school for both the mcse(server and profesiona) and the A+ and i want to know witch certification can relly get me a head witch one has better job oppertunitys..?

Comments

• Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    some people consider a+ to be an entry-level cert. mcse, by the same token, would be considered a big-boys cert.

your a+ may help you get your foot in the door, but having an mcse will mean that you will be competing against many who have lived and breathed installing, maintaining, configuraing and troubleshooting microsoft operating systems for years.

if you have the opportunity to do all, then do all, but you should probably concentrate on getting your a+ first.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    AnthonyJD81AnthonyJD81 Member Posts: 187
    Exactly! Attain your A+ and NET+ certifications first. Although they can be difficult they are considered entry level exam certifications. A job you are going to get probaly first time around will be an entry level postion. MCSE would prolly lock your spot for the position but why pay the money for the exam and test taking when you can get in somewhere with the comptia exams you already have and then, you get the job, have your employer pay your pay through school and maybe even the exams for you! (tuition reimbursement or something)