Post your computer setup / Lab Study Area *pics*

ThackerThacker Member Posts: 170
Not sure if this has been done before.. I snapped some pictures last night of my set up at home.

Ya ya... maybe I am just wanting to show everything off... but I have amassed quite a bit of stuff in the last year...

Excuse the wiring, and excuse the blurry camera. :)

11qnwjo.jpg
^^ Main gaming desktop. E6600, 8800 GTX, 4 gig, 24" LCD

Doesn't get used nearly as much as it should.
The box underneath the desk is my dell poweredge, Dual Core Operton, 4 gigs of ram. This functions as my exchange box, my file server, and my virtualized management pc.

The box next to it is an older amd 3000+, this functions as my RRAS server for VPN'ing to home. I've got a 1300 UPS there also.. along with a few 550's sitting around.

osu6if.jpg

DSL, Router, 8port Gig switch, and a 24port 10/100. 750 gig external and a 160 gig external for backing up.

I know a daisy chained switch infrastructure isn't the best of things.. but it works with what I've got. The router is modded with DD-WRT.

2euu68p.jpg

^^ Lab setup / work / study area.

Intel Quad q6600, 8 gigs of ram, dual 20" LCD's.

I can run 15-20 VM's stable on this system. This by far has been the greatest investment. Being able to do what you can inside a VM is amazing. It cuts down on training time, cuts down on maintenance time.... its just simply the best thing. Ever.

K, done showing off now. :D

Comments