Options

Exam 70-215 Question

jhunsbergerjhunsberger Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All:
First of all I must thank you to all, cause you have helped me out great deal!!

I've got a couple questions about the 70-215 exam, I've been looking for some practice tests for TS and RAS cause those are my two weakest points. Does anyone know any good sites or books for this. I've been taken Transcender and passing all the tests they have, and I've been studying for about 2 months now. I also have been working in the field for 6yrs, the last two as a Network Admin. So I'm just trying to get a rating as to where I'm at, so I can take the Exam and PASS!

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!!

THANKS AGAIN GUYS...

Comments

• Options
    bigstar*bigstar* Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looks to me that you don't really need that much help.

You cruised thru transcender and you have 6yrs of hand-ons experience. I'll say that you will not have much difficulty passing this exam.

Go for it. And best of luck.
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Idem.

Go for it dude. You've got all it takes.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    adamdrayeradamdrayer Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It's hard to say whether you are ready for the test. I too have been in IT for many years already. I still learned alot by preparing for these exams.

Actually, I found it harder to study, because i knew so much already on each page, it was agonizing to finish, but had to stop myself from skipping around, because there's still alot in there.

Plus I know guys who are "IT" guys for over a decade, but only peer-to-peer stuff, so they know squat about what MCSE covers. RRAS is tough for me as well, because I never really did any vpn or remote access stuff with MS. most of the time I suggest PC Anywhere or GoToMyPC.com (which was just boughy by citrix)

The practice exams are a good index of where you are, but don't underestimate the subtle difference between practice questions and MS questions. I always think MS tests are harder than the practice ones. Although i feel the other way around with CompTIA and Cisco.

I've been administrating windows networking environments all the way back to the days of 3.11, and i just barely passed my 70-210 and my 70-215. 660 and 745 respectively. I am however pretty confident I'll crush my 70-216(The Beast!) with only a week of studying. Just depends on where your experience is and what interests you.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Mandrich!Mandrich! Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the 215 yesterday and it was very similar to the Transcender questions. With your experience and the having the Trans down, I don't think you'll have any problems. If you're worried about TS and RAS, then the best thing to do is to set up a couple of machines and and run some simulations. There were a number of RRAS questions on my test and just one or two TS, it can't hurt.....
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    it was very similar to the Transcender questions

well I guess I'm not the only person who has seen the close similarity. Congratulations on the pass.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.