How Much Should I Charge

telecomops101telecomops101 Member Posts: 128
Any suggestions on what I should charge for the following job. Not to sure how to price it out:

A reasturant in Manhattan ( It's a small place that seats about 100 people) want's to hire me to clean up the network and phone cables in the office area. The size of the office is about 10x15. There about 25 lines all together that I have to straighten up and label the to and from. He aslo wants me to set up the reasturant to be a hot spot for his customers. He has DSL and will be providing the linksys wireless router.

Any suggestions on what to charge.....Thanks
"Every job is a self-portrait of the person who did it. Autograph your work with excellence."

Comments

• AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
    70$ an hour and a free hamburger!
  • Non-Profit TechieNon-Profit Techie Member Posts: 418 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its New York. You gotta go at least $125 per hour if not more.....
  • t49t49 Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its New York. You gotta go at least $125 per hour if not more.....

Plus the installation fee for configuration of the router icon_cool.gif .

Are you goin to do the job by yourself or are you goin to bring in a helper to get the work done faster?
  • LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    My only suggestion when pricing a job like this is, don't think about how much time it will take to get the job done but the headache that will it will cause if something goes wrong. I am sure you can do the job by your self and would probably be more then happy with $70 an hour but think of the time that will be spent trouble shooting any problems that come up after you start moving cables and trouble shooting dead WiFi spots in the restaurant. As for DSL, have you decided if you are going to do any QOS for customers to employee's for bandwidth reason's. These are all things that should come into your evaluation of pricing.

And as you are asking this on a forum, I am going to take it that you are doing this freelance and have no company backing. Take that into account when pricing...that matters for legal reasons.

But those are just my 2cents. Take them for what they are worth...
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.