Options

How long does it take?

Tommy_DTommy_D Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all, I was wondeiring in your experiance how long does it take for Microsoft to recognize officially your MCSA status? I passed the last test I needed today, but when I logged into my transcript it didn't show my Comptia credentials, which I had requested be sent back in December. I have completed A+, Network +, which I requested be transffered to complement the MS exams I have compelted, 70-290, 70-291, and 70-270...

Comments

• Options
    ajs1976ajs1976 Member Posts: 1,945 ■■■■□□□□□□
    After passing 292, it took a couple of days for it to appear on my transcript and the next day the MCSA appeared. You should follow up with CompTIA and MS and make sure your A+/N+ transferred properly.
    Andy

2020 Goals: 0 of 2 courses complete, 0 of 2 exams complete
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I kid you not - mine took like 5-6 months. I know I could have called them, but I wanted to see HOW long it could take if I didn't. Besides, I didn't need to share my transcript with anyone so I was in no big hurry.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    That seems a bit long, my CompTIA credentials took about 2 weeks to show up... Try calling MS, or try resending both CompTIA credentials.
  • Options
    JayrodEFJayrodEF Member Posts: 111 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think I posted my A+/N+ credentials to them on a monday and by the end of the week they were on my transcript. If you submitted yours in december, I'd definitely give somebody a call or try again.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think my Security+ was transferred over to MS within a couple of weeks. You should definitely contact them if it's been that long.
  • Options
    Tommy_DTommy_D Member Posts: 47 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well the MCSA and the 70-291 exam it showed up on my transcript today! I guess they just dont show the Comptia credits on there at all! I read somewhere I have to request the welcome kit or whatever its called, anyone know how to do that easilly?

----Edit----

Nevermind, I found it...I should have known that Google is faster than looking around on the MS website! For all those that need to know as well...

https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp/tools/WelcomeKitValidateAddress.aspx.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's why we like google!!! icon_wink.gif
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    danclarkedanclarke Member Posts: 160
    My recent experiences of notifying Microsoft of CompTIA certifications have been generally good.

I passed Security+ 3 days ago. The certfication showed up in my CompTIA transcript the next day. Immediately I published it to Microsoft. It has shown up on my Microsoft transcript today.

This should be the last exam needed for my MCSE - but I presume from other posts that I won't see MCSE on the transcript until tomorrow.
    -- Dan
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    It was just a couple of days before my Security+ showed up on my transcript after I requested CompTIA to send.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/