Options

TUC question

hedhrtshedhrts Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
The cisco website contains the following

The 642-426 Troubleshooting Unified Communications (TUC) exam is the exam associated with the CCVP certification. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Communications (TUCv1.0) course. The exam will certify that the successful candidate has the knowledge and skills necessary to troubleshoot Enterprise CallManager, Unity, and IP network deployments. The exam addresses hands-on experience in configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting Unified Communications solutions. Topics covered include (see Claims and Components attached).

Has anyone written the new TUC exam, and would it be a good idea to get some knowledge of Unity? If so, what level of understanding would be sufficient, because at least 2 version of unity exist that I know of? I believe various levels of integration can exist with an existing network, some requiring understanding of Microsoft active directory networks. The CCVP doesn't seem to cover the voice mail in its curriculum. I don't know why, when Unity is usually part of a Unified Communications scenario.