Options

How do I know when I'm ready for 70-210?

tschnabel99tschnabel99 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have a trascender and exam sims and score 780 on it yet it says I fail. Out of a 50 question practice test how many should I consistently get correct b4 I take the actual exam? How do you know when to go take the test? Please help! I have studied for months!

Tim
Hain't no thang like a chicken wang!!

Comments

• Options
    PavlovPavlov Member Posts: 264
    Word of caution... be careful you're not just memorizing the question and answer sets with the Transcenders. You should refer to the references that the software is pointing you towards to look up and clarify why you got something wrong. Be sure to run the update on the Transcenders as well... they do change them to keep them current to the goals and objectives as MS changes.

When you can hit any practice exam and walk away from it with a solid passing mark (i.e., 90%) you will know you are ready for the MS exam. Go back to your Transcenders and figure out if you have a consistent weak area in the knowledge and focus on that area.
    Pavlov
    A+, Net+, i-Net+, CIW-A
    MCP NT4, MCSA 2K, MCSE 2K
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Agreed with Pavlov: you should be getting a higher score when you're ready. The prep-exams are there to "prepare" you, not to "test" you. So learn from them; becuase Trancender, for one, has an excellent way of explaining questions.

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    thank you. thats what I assumed. I am going to concentrate on what I don't know instead of keep studying things I aldready know. I waiste too much time reexamining things i already know. Its already paying off and my test scores are going up. thanks.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Best of luck, tschnabel99!!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    Does anyone really know what a passing score on the actual exam is? I have read >50%, >60% etc. etc. passes. I know I should consistently score 90% in practice to take but this conflicting information makes me think I have been ready for months. I know the test score is like 640/1000 right? What the heck does that mean? LOL

ain't no thing like a chicken wing!!
  • Options
    rcsnydleyrcsnydley Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Passing is 700/1000
  • Options
    Passed yesterday with an 890. :D Took me 2 freaking hours though! icon_eek.gif LOL Thank you all for the information and the incentive to give that final push. icon_confused.gif
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Excellent! Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    pad10029pad10029 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass.... how did you get a specific score for th e 210 exam?
    when i took it, it was a pass or fail report, no score was given... for 210 and 215.
  • Options
    TechGeekProTechGeekPro Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! 890 is a respectable score.
    BTW - isn't it "Aint no thing BUT a chicken wing"?
    Not only am I certified, I'm certifiable.
  • Options
    There was a screen shot and print out of the test score among other things like how strong you are in certain areas like "Installing Windows 2000". It indicated I was "strong" in all targeted areas. Thats all I know. icon_eek.gif