Options

ccent advise

burbobburbob Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I failed the ccent the other day -- was about 100 points on passing -- seems the areas i let down is implemeting a small network and security questions- the rest i did really well on . Also i didnt leave enough time and missed a few questions at the end of the exam.The questions i strugled on seem to be identifing problems with existing networks - the rest of the other stuff subnetting and the text question ive really done well in-- this is the second time ive failed it now- the time before the exam seemed alot easyer but this time it seemed to have more networking trouble shooting in it (does it change very month -- of is there some kind of cycle with the exams)

Ive orded the new lammie ccent book but there seems to some delay from amazon at the moment over here in the UK as ive been told by colleges in the US this book is really good --and they found it easy to understand .Ive read the odem one and i got the flash card book also -- I think books have helped but need more network trouble shooting help-- ive built my own lab also which has helped in genral configuration- but is there any web pages which can help in network trouble shooting and security --

Comments

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    burbob wrote:
    I failed the ccent the other day -- was about 100 points on passing -- seems the areas i let down is implemeting a small network and security questions- the rest i did really well on . Also i didnt leave enough time and missed a few questions at the end of the exam.The questions i strugled on seem to be identifing problems with existing networks - the rest of the other stuff subnetting and the text question ive really done well in-- this is the second time ive failed it now- the time before the exam seemed alot easyer but this time it seemed to have more networking trouble shooting in it (does it change very month -- of is there some kind of cycle with the exams)

Ive orded the new lammie ccent book but there seems to some delay from amazon at the moment over here in the UK as ive been told by colleges in the US this book is really good --and they found it easy to understand .Ive read the odem one and i got the flash card book also -- I think books have helped but need more network trouble shooting help-- ive built my own lab also which has helped in genral configuration- but is there any web pages which can help in network trouble shooting and security --

If your weaker area's were troubleshooting, implementing, and securing the network it sounds to me like you need to hit it harder in the lab. The cisco press book is definitely the best book for the material the sybex either. I can also recommend www.thebryantadvantage.com he has a nice study kit put together for the CCNA. It sounds like you understand the bulk of the material and that you need more practice with it. without looking at the specific objectives to the CCENT whjat helped me on the CCNA was to set up a network, then break it, and fix it as well. Then I'd work on writing some of your own ACL's to secure your network and then test it out. Let's us know how you progress and good luck. :D
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So you're not hitting a broken link and saying w t f there was a typo.

www.thebryantadvantage.com
  • Options
    freetechfreetech Member Posts: 154
    I can also recommend the Bryant study materials. Started out with the Odom book and then went to Bryant study materials and labs to prepare for the test. He explains things from a down-to-earth perspective. Really helped me understand some difficult concepts. His section on subnetting is the best by far, IMHO.
    Experience is a harsh teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.