Options

Ran out of time on the 70-292!

littlenlittlen Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just failed with 646 with my second shot voucher. Not an exam to take lightly! 14 days out will put me past the 31st. On to 2008 I go icon_sad.gif

Resources I used:

MS Press Book
CBTNuggets
Selftest
PrepLogic (not as good as others)

Various other study guides across the web.

Good luck to others still out there

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Ouch! That hurts!
    That was honestly my biggest fear, I'm sorry to hear it happen to anyone.
  • Options
    Joe DonnerJoe Donner Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Damn - I'm sorry to hear that. That happened to me with the upgrade exam from NT4 to 2000, so I know how you feel...

Best you can do is keep your chin up and give 2008 a go. At least you keep your MCSE 2000 certification.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    So, do I still go for MCSA / MCSE 2003 or go for these new 2008 certs?
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    littlen wrote:
    So, do I still go for MCSA / MCSE 2003 or go for these new 2008 certs?

Windows 2003 is going to be around for quite a few years still and employers only know the word "MCSE" (I've never seen a job desc even for MCSA) and not the new terms like MCITP so I still think it is the strongest microsoft certification around. So yes would be my answer.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Have you tried contacting them to see if they'll let you schedule one for the last day? They might be willing to make an exception, given the circumstances. It never hurts to ask.
  • Options
    On Microsoft's web site, where they list exams to be retired (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.mspx) they say:

"If you have questions, please contact your Regional Service Center."

So maybe just try and contact them and ask, like Dynamik said. Maybe it can be done.

I also seem to remember that I read somewhere on Microsoft's web site that they said something to the tune of "we cannot guarantee that these exams will be available after 31 March", and this was said in the context of the upgrade exams, as if they may still be available after 31 March, which I found interesting.

Can't do any harm to find out.
  • Options
    Email sent. we shall see. So close.
  • Options
    Good luck, I hope they are able to help you out.
  • Options
    kenestlekenestle Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    In case you didn't know they extended the dates to May 24th. I called the regional support, that is what they told me
  • Options
    I did get in contact with them. Good to here. I can most likely fit in the 70-292 and the 70-296. Back to the books!
  • Options
    That is good news!

They probably saw a huge increase in the number of people attempting these exams.
  • Options
    SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Glad to hear you have the oppertunity to take these again in the time frame, just wanted to wish you luck :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • Options
    I found that bit I mentioned before. If you log on to the MCP site on Microsoft's web site (https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp), then you'll see this:
    Final Reminder: March 2008 Exam Retirements
    As announced during the last year, 22 Microsoft Certification exams are scheduled to retire on March 31, 2008. Included among these exams are the Windows Server 2000 to 2003 upgrade exams (Exam 70-292 and Exam 70-296). You can take these exams only while Prometric continues to list them as available; there is no guarantee that the listed exams will be available after March 31.

It's kinda weird, but there you go. No mention of a specific date...

Did anyone find out for sure until when the exams will be available?
  • Options
    If you go to the prometric site and schedule the 70-292 test you can see the option to schedule through May 24th.