Options

Errors with Call Manager Express - Help!

I'm exploring CME and I'm getting some errors that I'm not supposed to be getting. For example, I set up four ephone-dn extensions previously, and they show up in Extensions, but for now I'm only actually using two IP phones. For this particular exercise, I click Configure --> Phones, and then when I click a MAC address, I don't get the popup of information; I get a popup saying "Loading information - please Wait." And I wait and wait, but nothing ever happens. Between these two errors, I can't get my labs done. Can anyone assist? This is very time-critical. Thanks!

(Btw, Google, surprisingly, has been no help at all with this).
"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    IT would help to know what version and platform you're on and if you used the Quick Configuration Tool to do your initial CME setup. What setup steps have you already performed? What lab or reference are you using?

Have you saved your configuration and reloaded the router to clear out any left over mis-configurations?

Is this something you're doing on your own, or is it part of your class. Is CME now part of the CCVP?

If you're having an issue with the GUI interface, you can fall back to the CLI using the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express System Administrator Guide.
    For Cisco Unified CME 3.0 and later, not required to register phones before configuring the phone because Cisco Unified CME can detect MAC addresses and automatically populate phone configurations with the MAC addresses and phone types for individual phones.

:mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    LuckycharmsLuckycharms Member Posts: 267
    I would use the CLI if I were you... ( You will learn a lot more of what exactly is going on and what you are doing....) CME is relativity easy to setup... ( Even easier if use the setup utility)... But if you want this question answered... We need a lot more information. Version,hardware,log outputs,etc...
    The quality of a book is never equated to the number of words it contains. -- And neither should be a man by the number of certifications or degree's he has earned.
  • Options
    nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    use the command line. It is much easier and faster. If you need help let me know
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
  • Options
    FlyingputFlyingput Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi buddies,

A question about the CME lab:
    I have got a 1760 router loaded with CME 4.0, a couple of IP phones and a basic 2900 switch. If I want to set up a CME lab (for 642-144 exam), what else shall I collect?
    Also I plan to follow this book: IP Telephony Using Callmanager Express Lab Portfolio. If some1 can tell me the hardware/software requirements, I will really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!
    (It's said CME has some market shares as well so I would like to add it to my resume....) :D