Options

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 now available!

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,047 Admin
You can wait for it to appear in your Windows Update or download and install it now.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1

Comments

• Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sweet, something else for me to test on my Vista machine before we roll it out sometime in the future.

After reviewing a hefty list of changes:

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/005f921e-f706-401e-abb5-eec42ea0a03e1033.mspx?mfr=true

I need to hurry up and put Vista back on my home PC. Had to take it off due to Nvidia errors, but now that I switched to ATI it's time to switch back. SP1 may have even fixed those errors.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Vista is definitely less sucky if you use it with SP1.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 934 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I already installed on one of the lab testing machine. So far,.... I don't see any sufficient improvement..
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    Kasor wrote:
    I already installed on one of the lab testing machine. So far,.... I don't see any sufficient improvement..
    Try testing a system before-and-after installing SP1 with a clean install of Vista. It's the only way to determine if there is any actual performance increase on a computer. Your present computer may have performance problems that SP1 can't fix.
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 934 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have to find another workstation and using the same image, but without the SP3 today.

See what come out fromt he brenchmark test
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    So anyone notice significant improvements? I thankfully don't own a Vista machines but I've had my share of experience with them. What about all the compatability issues?
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ahhh so its really released ....
    havent heard anything in the mainstream media ..... odd m$$$
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    SepiraphSepiraph Member Posts: 179 ■■□□□□□□□□
    darkuser wrote:
    ahhh so its really released ....
    havent heard anything in the mainstream media ..... odd m$$$

I guess you don't read slashdot, it was all the rage there for awhile...

Anyway, I actually do run Vista on my laptop but I'm fairly skeptical of applying the patch (also my computer runs fine for what I do). I'd rather let MS test it out more and wait for the auto-update in a month or so.
  • Options
    taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    anyone try to slipstream Windows Vista SP1?

any successful/unsuccessful story?
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3
  • Options
    darkuserdarkuser Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    actually i do .....
    but ive been emersed in virtual hell that is PCI compliance for the past year.

actually the problem's not us
    we're implementing all the technical controls
    its the scientists who cant live with a locking screen saver. icon_twisted.gif
    rm -rf /
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sepiraph wrote:
    Anyway, I actually do run Vista on my laptop but I'm fairly skeptical of applying the patch (also my computer runs fine for what I do). I'd rather let MS test it out more and wait for the auto-update in a month or so.

Vista SP1 is really only a collection of updates. If you've been updating along the way, you basically have SP1. There were a few minor additions, but it's nothing like XP SP2. You should obviously test it thoroughly before installing it on critical systems, but I don't think you have any reason to worry about putting it on your personal systems.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Vista SP1 is really only a collection of updates. If you've been updating along the way, you basically have SP1.
    The same is true with Windows XP SP3, which is due out on Monday, March 24, 2008. I've been reading about people fearing to install SP3, but if they have all of the latest Windows updates installed they already have 99% of SP3 installed on their Windows XP computers anyway.