Options

CCNA Contents

ManglianManglian Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi there my query is: Are IPV6 and Wireless being covered in 640-802 actual CCNA exames although they are included in CCNA topics. I mean is it worth preparing them when you have not enough time. No one who passed exams mentioned that there were question from these topic for exams 640-802.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Manglian wrote:
    Hi there my query is: Are IPV6 and Wireless being covered in 640-802 actual CCNA exames although they are included in CCNA topics.
    They are in the 640-802 exam blueprint
    * Describe the technological requirements for running IPv6 in conjunction with IPv4 (including: protocols, dual stack, tunneling, etc).
        * Describe IPv6 addresses
        * Describe standards associated with wireless media (including: IEEE WI-FI Alliance, ITU/FCC)
        * Identify and describe the purpose of the components in a small wireless network. (Including: SSID, BSS, ESS)
        * Identify the basic parameters to configure on a wireless network to ensure that devices connect to the correct access point
        * Compare and contrast wireless security features and capabilities of WPA security (including: open, WEP, WPA-1/2)
        * Identify common issues with implementing wireless networks. (Including: Interface, missconfiguration)

Manglian wrote:
    I mean is it worth preparing them when you have not enough time.
    No -- but you probably should be smart enough to figure out you're not ready to take the exam and reschedule it so that you will have enough time to study and learn all the required CCNA topics.
    Manglian wrote:
    No one who passed exams mentioned that there were question from these topic for exams 640-802.
    Probably because that would violate the Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.

and the Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.

My guess is the Cisco Moderator icon_mike.gif would NUKE those posts.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    mikej412 wrote:
    My guess is the moderator would NUKE those posts.

Mike, you'd nuke my posts about underwater basket-weaving and cat-herding? That hurts, man. :P

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Mike you have to get sick of posting the same message 10 times a day...I know I sure would...

You should have a template set up for on command responses with the click of a button :D
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    shednik wrote:
    Mike you have to get sick of posting the same message 10 times a day...I know I sure would...

You should have a template set up for on command responses :D

I'm going to go out on a limb here and postulate that he's encountered copy-and-paste somewhere in his past IT experiences ;)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I hand craft each response with tender loving care.... so in the future give me some time to finish adding my personalized touches icon_mike.gif (why have your own Emoticon if you don't use it?) to my collection of standardized responses. icon_lol.gif
    Slowhand wrote:
    Mike, you'd nuke my posts about underwater basket-weaving and cat-herding?
    Only if they were topics in a Cisco Exam Blueprint :D or really really really really off-topic.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!