Options

Dang! Now Ive failed this one with 686

pmannpmann Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
Failed with a score of 686! icon_cry.gif 14 lousy points away from slaying the beast. Did great on everything apart from DNS (mediocre) and RRAS (disaster).

I had over 40 of the "long, you want this, you do this, what have you done" type of questions, so I got desperately short of time at the end. (It takes me a few minutes to read the question sometimes, let alone work out the answer). Anyway gripe over, if at first you dont succeed etc. At least I know the two main areas I screwed up.

There was a question that really got me confused. I cant repeat the actual question/scenario here, but I think there is a basic problem in my understanding of routers Id like to ask. How can I make a router uni-directional?, i.e. allow the server side to browse the subnet, but not the subnet browse the router? What can I do to the router to accomplish this? Ive always thought I could just delete the subnet to server path in the router table, am I wrong?

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Hope you do better next time. Best Luck!
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    ferrariferrari Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi there
    I too failed this beast on a first attempt and I can tell you that those long questions are just killing. Why it has to be like that I don't know?? I'm following the idea "RTFQ" "read the f.....g question" and that is taking me a lots of time away. So after I have read everything I realized that my time was over and five question were unanswered. Obviously that is why I failed. I just hope that second shot will bi much better.

Take care
    Tony
  • Options
    jescabjescab Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,321
    Good luck next sitting.
    GO STEELERS GO - STEELERS RULE
  • Options
    suprchgtntsuprchgtnt Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    you could always setuo and access list on the router- but that a little beyond the scope of this test- If i were you I'd pick up a CCNA book, i dont think i would of passed this test if had not gone for my CCNA first- MS just doesnt cover L2 and L3 in enough detail