Options

Quick question about train signal training and exam vouchers

Spamity CalamitySpamity Calamity Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello. I am brand new here. To make a long story short, I dont like what I'm currently doing. Ive given IT alot of thought and I'm pretty sure I wanna start a career in IT. I live in Austin so there are alot of IT jobs available I believe. It looks like the first thing you do is get a certificate in Comptia A+ and Comptia Networking+. I was looking at the train signal training materials and the say they are the "best". http://www.trainsignal.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=76
Are they the best?

Second question. It looks like its 168 dollars for the Comptia A+ exam voucher. Does this voucher cover all 4 A+ exams? (220-601, 220-602, 220-603, 220-604) Or would I have to pay 168 dollars for every one?

Thank You all in advance.
Hydrogen is a colourless, odorless, nonmetallic, highly flammable diatomic gas (H2) that when given enough time, turns into
people.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You have to pay for each one, but you only need one in addition to the essentials (601).

http://certification.comptia.org/a/

Trainsignal puts out some good videos. Consider CBT Nuggets as well. I'm sure the information is just as good; the difference probably lies more with the instructional styles. You should be able to watch some demo videos. Give them a glance and go with what you prefer.
  • Options
    CabbageThe1CabbageThe1 Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When you get your vouchers make sure that they are valid. I had a lot of trouble with my 601 voucher # (somehow I got a number that had already been used) and had to wait, and wait, and wait for them to work it out, so try to catch it before you go to take the test and find out then. When you go to register to take the exam if your # won't go though get in touch with the company that you got your voucher from and get it worked out!

Just a word of warning because that was a bigger pain than the test itself.

And Good Luck to You! :D
    If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style!