Options

Any Symantec Ghost Experts here?

taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
I attempt to make the following scenario working with Symantec Ghost Console.

I have a dual boot system . Both are Windows XP SP2.

I created the image with Symantec ghost. This image is to be deployed for 300 workstations.

In the Symantec Ghost console, I created each workstation with the correct computer configuration settings (ex. Computer name, workgroup name, NIC card drivers.

If I execute the task of "the computer configuration", One of the Windows XP that has the symantec ghost client installed will be applied with correct computer settings.

However, the problem lies on the computer setting configuration in symantec ghost console. The computer configurations records are unique with their MAC address.

The question is, How do I need to do to make the computer configurations record working in the Symantec Ghost Console without having conflicts in the computer names?

Thank you.
mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3

Comments

• Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    As far as I know it won't be possible with your setup. If you perform a "client refresh" it will show the name according to the last image that the client booted with.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,045 Admin
    Are you using the latest Ghost 14 or something older, like 12?
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    JDMurray wrote:

I assumed he was using Ghost Solution Suite, which is at version 2.0, or Ghost Corporate Edition which is like 8.3.
    All things are possible, only believe.
  • Options
    taktsoitaktsoi Member Posts: 224
    sprkymrk wrote:
    JDMurray wrote:

I assumed he was using Ghost Solution Suite, which is at version 2.0, or Ghost Corporate Edition which is like 8.3.

Thank you sprkmrk and jdmurray for your response.

Yes, I am currently using Ghost Solution Suite 2.0

Right now, I am not able to make this job in an automatic process.

My temporary workaround is to use GhostCast server, have the workstations boot off the floopy, **** the image from ghostcast server. After the image is done, use the ghostwalk to run the SID for the 2nd OS before rebooting. After rebooting, select first OS as a target of the "computer configuration" which is a task executed from the Ghost Console.

This is kinda painful and alot of jobs. It also tends to make mistakes. Therefore, I am trying to make this job automatically.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.
    mean people SUCK !!! BACK OFF !!!
    The Next Stop is, MCSE 2003 and CCNA.
    Bachelors of Technology in 1 More Year.

-Working on CCENT. Thank you my love <3