Options

Trying to get MCSE BUt what test take and which are relevant

I have taken 70-270, 70-290 and currently studying 70-291 with a testing date of mid april. I wanted to get my MCSE in Security but as a previous poster stated I am starting to feel burnt out. I was thinking about what test should i take next. I am debating on 70-620 since this is an elective for MCSA and I will get MCTS also I was thinking maybe Net+ and then jump back into Microsoft. I am really confused any help would be appreciated
On the road to MCITP......

Comments

• Options
    techster79techster79 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    70-620 would certainly be easier on the grey matter. You should take 291 very seriously, also while 291 is still fresh I would take 293. This is the order I did it:

Security+
    299 and 298 on the same day

I would recommend doing 291/293 and 299/298 around the same time.

I'm planning on cranking out 620/622 for MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician next before moving on to the SA/EA track.
    Studying for MCSE: Server Infrastructure (70-414 left)
  • Options
    donald7862003donald7862003 Member Posts: 128
    so wait until after 293 to do 620
    On the road to MCITP......
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    If it were me, I'd use something like ISA 2006 as an elective. It's doubtful you'd have a leg up on another candidate because you're certified in Vista and they're not, but having experience with an additional enterprise application like ISA might. ISA is an enterprise class firewall/proxy product, so that's another type of knowledge you'd be able to offer current and potential future employers.

Personally, I'd have done Vista for my client exam instead of XP to get a leg up on MCITP:SA and EA, but at this point, I would concentrate on a more worthwhile exam and skill for your career.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    rimvydazasrimvydazas Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    70-620 is really easy one. So, if you want to save some time, it's a perfect choice. Read the book and go ahead. Took me two weeks to prepare. However, if you want to learn something more interesting than so called "cool" features of Vista, you'd rather choose smth else... I felt like I'm waisting my time with it even though it works just fine as elective. That's just my opinion icon_rolleyes.gif
    -= The Ray