Options

Passed Hardware (and OS) today

bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
The test was much easier than I thought it would be. I got a 629 on hardware, and a 608 on the OS part. I used the Mike Meyers' All-in-one to study, and I think the key fact is that I read through it *twice*...once taking very thorough notes, and the second time I just "skimmed" over it.

Without being too specific, here's some of the areas I was tested/not tested on:
A bunch of questions on startup/POST errors. I had several questions that involved a non-bootable CD/Floppy drive, etc.
A bunch of networking(mostly cabling)
I had absolutely no questions on specific IRQ/I/O addresses. However, there were some resource-related troubleshooting questions.
I had only *one* question that asked to match a socket with a CPU, and it was incredibly easy.
Several hard drive questions (jumper settings, BIOS limitations, limitations of each file system, etc)

This sites' practice tests helped a lot with my study. I think some of the questions are very unlikely to be on the test (especially the DOS memory stuff - protected, extended, expanded, etc.), but their format was pretty much identical to what I saw on the hardware test. The OS was very much the same way....Just wanted to say thanks to wheover put them together.

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations on the new cert, bighusker!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    Congrats
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!!
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Congratulations on the pass!
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    well done
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    GoodhopeGoodhope Member Posts: 78 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    LexxdymondzLexxdymondz Member Posts: 356
  • Options
    Lovely LegsLovely Legs Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am about to start an A+ course. Any advice would be really welcome...What section is most difficult? :)
  • Options
    halflife78halflife78 Member Posts: 122